Glass packaging can be recycled.
- Avoid the presence of heat resistant glass
- Avoid the use of opal (or opaline) glass and lead crystal
- Avoid the presence of enamels on glass
- Avoid labels which are strongly glued onto glass, layered papers, plastic films and heat-shrinking decorative sleeves
- Favour water-soluble glues
- Avoid RFID labels which adhere strongly to glass
- Avoid ‘old-fashioned’ metal closing systems which attach ceramic or plastic caps to the bottle.
Video showing how glass is recycled: